Napa Teen Vocal Track
For singers ages 14 - 18**
NTVT is an exciting, rigorous training program with faculty available to coach a broad range of vocal styles - classical, musical theater, jazz, pop, rock, country western, etc. NTVT prepares high schoolers for successful college entry auditions. Students receive daily group and individual instruction in vocal technique, repertoire expansion, diction and style, performance skills and audition techniques, and acting & dance/movement. They also participate in master classes and other group instruction offered to the adult Festival students.
Napa Teen Vocal Track - June 16 - July 11, 2016
Shorter sessions available upon request
Napa Teen Vocal Track (NTVT) is an exciting, rigorous non-residential training program for high school students ages 14 - 18. Festival faculty offer technical instruction and coaching in a broad range of vocal styles - classical, musical theater, jazz, pop, rock, country western, etc.
• NTVT advances teens' vocal skill with daily group and individual instruction in technique, repertoire expansion, diction and style, performance skills and audition techniques, acting, and dance/movement.
• NTVT instruction for the full 24-day session includes nine (9) private voice or coaching lessons in the cost of tuition.
• During NTVT, "rising seniors" may prepare and record their college entry video or audio auditions under Festival faculty supervision.
• All NTVT students participate in master classes and other group instruction offered to the adult Festival students, and have ample opportunity to perform for the public. *
• Students attend all Festival concerts at no charge.
*Advanced NTVT students wishing to participate in the opera chorus for a staged opera production may indicate this on their applications and must enroll for the full
24-day NTVT session.
NTVT is a non-residential program. No overnight housing is provided to high school participants by the Festival. Participants must arrange for their own housing and must have overnight supervision by a family member or other responsible adult throughout
the duration of their participation.
Click here to view our other program offerings!